Friday, January 16, 2009

We finally got the internet installed in our apartment.  It’s a Bridgemax wireless modem system.  I’m not too familliar with how it works although I understand it’s basically like a wireless router with a really big range that recieve a signal from certain broadcast towers in town and then you plug your own wireless router into the wireless modem.  It’s kind of expensive but the speed is decent and was really easy to install and get going.  You pay more for a plan without a contract but it gives you the freedom to leave when ever you want without paying fees.  I think it’ll work out fine.  I am having issues with the Airport Express that I’m using as a router.  It’s not turning out to be very reliable.  Last night it wasn’t broadcasting a signal to my computer but it was to my wife’s computer.  There might be some interference from the internet modem that is getting in the way possibly.  

1 comment:

Kate said...

I like how the internet is the most exciting thing you can think to write about. Why don't you tell us about our new internet we got last week? Then it'd be like a continuation of internet fun!